Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Getting it Started...

So, following in my older sister's footsteps, I have decided to blog my weight loss journey. This is not going to be easy, by any stretch of the imagination. I need to lose about 160 lbs... in essence, a whole person. My doctor is behind me, and has me on a very strict diet, that I have to admit, is very hard to stick too. But you know what? I'm ready to do it. I honestly feel like I'm ready, that I can do it now. I have the same feeling that I had when I finally quit smoking. The feeling that this is it, it's time, nothing is going to stop me now.

I have to do this. Giving up soda is absolutely the hardest part for me. I have given it up in the past, but always end up going back to it. I think I'm a sugar addict. I read that bread falls into the sugar addicts diet big time too, as the white flour carbs turn into sugar. So, I need to work on cutting out sugar and bread all together, almost as hard as giving up soda.

Thank God I have the support of my wife, who loves me so much. I dont know what I would do without her. So, I have joined Spark People, and I think I will be checking out some of the links on my sisters blog as well. I dont know if anyone will ever read this blog, and quite honestly, it doesnt matter to me. I need to be able to write down my successes and failures and vent my frustrations and share my wins.

So, if anyone is reading this, follow along, and take the journey with me. See ya at the top.

1 comment:

  1. I'm following you now. Keep it UP! How are you doing now? I noticed you haven't posted in awhile... please start it back up. And Happy Birthday! I noticed you started this on your b-day. I'm glad you got SOME inspiration from me...

    ReplyDelete